VMware Cloud Community
gbengaoshinubi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VMware Cloud Director Three Tier Mode

How can one enable a three tier mode, where SP provides infrastructure, reseller will get its own Cloud Director instance (branded) to resell to their end customers.  The reseller gets its own instance with system admin equivalent rights and manages its own tenants

0 Kudos
4 Replies
paluszekd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Unfortunately, this isn't possible today. You can configure potentially custom orgadmin and tenantadmin rights that might met your requirements, but this is something you'll need to test.

I suggest putting in a feature request (Contact Us ) to request this specific feature.

0 Kudos
gbengaoshinubi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for the response, but is it possible to deploy another Cloud Director , then attach it to the same vCenter and then configure this for the Reseller

0 Kudos
paluszekd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

It is technically possible to connect multiple VCD instances to a vCenter instance, but we do not have an official supported stance on this architecture. This is due to the VCD -> vCenter connectivity nature from the cells to vCenter. I highly suggest a dedicated vCenter per Reseller since I presume you'll be dedicating hosts anyway.

0 Kudos
gbengaoshinubi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks, your responses have been really helpful

0 Kudos