VMware Cloud Community
barnette08
Expert
Expert

VMware Client Integration Plugin 5.5

Does anyone have a list of supported browsers?  I found the link below, but seems old since Firefox is at revision 31.0 now and the documentation references Mozilla Firefox 3.5 and 3.6.

http://pubs.vmware.com/vsphere-50/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.vmware.vsphere.vm_admin.doc_50%2FGUID-3FC8F...

0 Kudos
3 Replies
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal

I think the CIP (VMRC and Uploads) should work fine in newer Firefox versions, but I haven't personally tested it.

FF 30 introduced some changes that have affected some products, like vCD 5.1.x line doesn't support FF 30 or newer due to these changes.

barnette08
Expert
Expert

Yea i think it's broken a few things in 5.5 as well, I may have to fine a downrev version of FF prior to 30.  It's broken the upload function for sure, but wasn't sure if it was officially unsupported or not.  We will probably have to advertise supported browser revs in our deployment going forward.

As a point of curiosity though, did the CIP replace the VMRC of the 1.5 days?

0 Kudos
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal

Yes, CIP replaced the more classic VMRC.  Uploads are done via OVF Tool now, instead of the Java based client.  this is also in the CIP.

FF30 changes how pages are rendered and some specific API calls.  Each iteration of vCD should adopt the current CIP version, which is also used in the Web Client for some features.

Also, you need to be really careful with Java versions as well.  Some website components call out to JRE still, so you have to whitelist a lot of your URLs (all 3 public addresses).  this is as of Java 7 u 51.