VMware Cloud Community
Adrian_Ci
Contributor
Contributor

VCD network isolation capable

Hi,

we had to reinstall two host in a vSphere Cluster that is connected to vCloud Director. When I look into the properties of this two hosts I see that they are not VCD network isolation capable.

In vShield everything seems to be ok and both hosts have network connectivity for VXLAN traffic.

Is there any option to activate network isolation?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal

as long as the hosts are prepared and you are not using vCNI network pools (you're using VXLAN), then this is normal and expected.

Note that these are two different Software Defined Network technologies, vCloud Network Isolation and VXLAN, that do the same thing (provide isolated networks for vCD to consume).

If you can provision networks which require the network pool, then you're fine.

Adrian_Ci
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you, this was the information I was missing.

Just wondering why it only affects the recently installed hosts and found another thread where you are already explaining this behavior.

One out of five hosts not VCD-NI capable in vCloud Director

THANKS!

0 Kudos
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal

At some point we changed the default from installing the agent, to not installing the agent.  This might have been around 5.6.3.  If the agent was installed previously on the host, then we will offer the upgrade of the agent as required.  When a new host is presented, it'll take on the new default values.

I personally prefer not having the agent installed as it requires maintenance mode to prepare/un-prepare hosts.

Anyways.  Good to know you have what you need.

0 Kudos