VMware Cloud Community
arubacloud
Contributor
Contributor

VCD 5.5 Problem adding vApp from OVF

Greetings,

I have a new environment with VCD 5.5, vcloud director manager is addressed with privates ip addresses and mapped with a 1 to 1 NAT with public ip addresses (web and console proxy).

When I try to upload an OVF, it fails for timeout wereas if I upload it from the same network it works.

All firewall policies are in permit and I've configured Public IP Addresses in Administration -> Public IP Addresses.

And the other strange thing is that once the upload fails, I cannot delete the vApp (I see the VM present but I can't perform any action on it).

Have you ever experienced this behavior? Do you think that I should open a ticket to the support? I don't know what else to check.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal

for the upload, you need to ensure that the API URL is filled in correctly.  If it's absent, we use the cell IP address ... which might not be addressable from outside the network.  The API URL will be used when filled in, and needs to be work from the system you are uploading from.

In 5.5, we are also using the Client Integration plugin.  It's basically a wrapper wtih OVF tool to do the upload, and seems to work rather well if connectivity is there.

As for the deletion issue ... you should be able to delete the entire vApp as long as it's stopped.

0 Kudos