VMware Cloud Community
poltraf
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Uploading OVF - Waiting for disks

Hello,

I'm trying to upload an OVF vApp template in catalog, reached 100% the VM is in suspended state, and vApp shows "waiting for disks".

I expelled any CD from the original VM.

Any idea?

Thank you very much

Raf

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Waiting for disks is a status for the upload process.  it's either that the upload is still going from your desktop to the transfer folder, or from the transfer folder to the ESXi host.

most likely the first.

can you try the upload from a system on the same subnet as the vCloud Director cell?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Waiting for disks is a status for the upload process.  it's either that the upload is still going from your desktop to the transfer folder, or from the transfer folder to the ESXi host.

most likely the first.

can you try the upload from a system on the same subnet as the vCloud Director cell?

0 Kudos
poltraf
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Completely right... I left it uploading, came back after a couple of hours and it was done.

I was confused by the message, so thank you for your explaination.

Some times happens that the upload is stuck at 100% waiting for disks, and after some time connection times out. In that cases, is there any different way to keep alive the connection?

Thank you

Raf

0 Kudos
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

As long as data is moving, the connection will stay alive by default.  The upload tools is a Java client to push data.  The connection would only be terminated on a true TCP error.

The only additional follow up is that an upload can be quarantined after a long upload time.  VMware vCloud Director Documentation Center

0 Kudos