VMware Cloud Community
magander
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Unexpected Guest OS Customization.

Hi,

i'm using vCD 5.1 and two out of the threes Guest OS Customization options ("Enable guest customisation", "Change SID" and "Password Reset") changes for the VM in the vApp when i add the vApp to a Catalog.

As you can see in print screen "1-vApp-VM-original.tiff" all the above mentioned configurations are enabled/selected.

If i select the "Customize VM Settings"" during the add to catalog wizard, see print screen "2-Add-to-catalog-Customize.tiff" both marked check boxes for "Change SID" and "Password Reset" are removed, see print screen "3-vApp-in-catalog.tiff"

This means when i create a new vApp by using "Add to My Cloud" on the vApp Template, select "Add vApp from Catalog" or "Build New vApp" there will be no new SID generated for the VM and the administrator password will not be changed.

Does anyone have a simple explanation of what i'm doing wrong or has the behaviour changed compared to vCD 1.5 when this did not happen?

Thanks in advanced.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
aneverov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

Yes, it's a bug. We're in the process of verifying solution and hopefully fix will be available in one of the next update releases. There is no easy workaround as far as I can tell. The one we have requires fixing database using simple "update" queries for these flags (not too intrusive).

Best Regards,

Andrii

/* Please remember to mark answer as 'helpful' or 'correct' such that other users know it can be used and people focusing on ‘unanswered’ questions can skip it. */
magander
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Andrii,

is there any chance you can provide me with the instructions how to fix the database? Unfortunately we are in a real hurry in this project, should be up and running by the end of next week.

Thanks in advanced.

//Magnus

0 Kudos
aneverov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Magnus,

So far we have it documented only as part of our internal iKB database, because we haven't tested it so much. Do you have access to that? Article ID is 2038286.

Best Regards,

Andrii

/* Please remember to mark answer as 'helpful' or 'correct' such that other users know it can be used and people focusing on ‘unanswered’ questions can skip it. */
0 Kudos
aneverov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

It turns out that it's actually publicly available: http://kb.vmware.com/kb/2038286.

//Andrii

0 Kudos
magander
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks Andrii,

i'll test this right away.

//Magnus

0 Kudos
magander
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

This solved our problemSmiley Happy Thanks Andrii for pointing me in the right direction.

0 Kudos