VMware Cloud Community
istarchaser
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Unable to create vApps in vCloud Director 5.1

I am unable to create a new vApp under my organization. When I login into the Org vCloud director URL I don't see an option to import VM's from the vcenter server. If I am trying to build a new vApp I get an error message "You cannot add a new vApp because there are no available VDCs in this organization. Contact your system administrator". I have defined the pVDC and Org VDC and both of them have checked green.

Any ideas?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
karthickvm
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Just a quick info , the issue is resolved.

Karthic.
vRNI TPM

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
14 Replies
karthickvm
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello,

Welcome to VMware communities!!!

You will get "Import from vSphere" opiton only if you login to vCloud home url (https://FQDN/cloud) and also as a system administrator.

Cano you go to Org, under Administration --> Cloud Resources --> Virtual Datacenter --> Click your datacenter and check the Org VDC is listing there.

Also click the Monitor tab and check if resources are available.

Karthic.
vRNI TPM
0 Kudos
istarchaser
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I can see the  Import from vCenter option. However, when I am trying to import an existing VM as vApp I am getting an erorr message "Unable to complete the operation because the current organization VDC "DEV-Org-VDC" is deactivated or is anot ready. I am getting the same eeror if I am trying to import the ISO or import the OVF file in the catalog.

My Org VDC and pVDC status is green and are enabled. I am unable to find any resolution to this issue.

0 Kudos
karthickvm
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Can you please check if any vApp is deployed on the ovdc.. If there is no vapps then do a unprepapre and reprepare the host... Also check if the host are enabled in cloud

Karthic.
vRNI TPM
0 Kudos
karthickvm
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

If there are no vapps deployed in that pvdc then can you try to disable and reenable  again?.

Also go to pvdc section and check the host is prepared and Check the status of the host.

Karthic.
vRNI TPM
0 Kudos
istarchaser
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply Karthic. There are no vApps deployed currrently in this Org VDC. I unprepraed the hosts and prepared again. The hosts show ready, enabled and available. But still I am getting the same error. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
karthickvm
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Thanks you for posting images which give more clarity.

Can you try replicating the issue again and find out the error in vCloud logs and post the error message here.

1.SSH to vCD cell

2.CD to $VCLOUD_HOME/log

3.Perform a less on vcloud-container-info.log, vcloud-container-debug.log and search for the error message related to power on.

4.Post the error

All the best

Karthic.
vRNI TPM
0 Kudos
istarchaser
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Please find the screenshots to the log files.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
karthickvm
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Can you please attach the vCloud-container-info and debig logs here ? , the image doesn't provide the required information.

Karthic.
vRNI TPM
0 Kudos
istarchaser
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Here are the logs files you requested.

0 Kudos
karthickvm
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Just a quick info , the issue is resolved.

Karthic.
vRNI TPM
0 Kudos
SkokieAdmin
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

What whats the resolution?

0 Kudos
ibi007
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

Can you please post the resolution, I have the same symptoms like you have mentioned.

I think the actual error comes when we first deploy the Org VDC ' Cannot create VDC ' as mentioned earler in the post disabling and re enabling will get the 'red X' away and show us that everything is perfect. although we get a error message in the logs 'Status: Error' and with 'Details: Internal Server Error'

However when it comes to uploading media after creating the catalog for hat Org VDC we get the error message Unable to complete the operation because the current Organization VDC "Demo-Org-VDC" is deactivated or it is not ready".

Can you please explain what you did a bit more details to fix the issue.

I have also noticed that we get a error message on vcenter that the vcloud server (cell) cannot create the folder the name already exists  check the last error message from my vcenter server.

also attached the logs in the images below.

Thanks,

Ibrahim

0 Kudos
SamWolf
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello,

I have run into this exact error could a resolution process please be posted.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

It looks like a stale Org vDC entry in vCloud director. Deleted and recreated OvDC it to fix this issue.

0 Kudos