VMware Cloud Community
sunny1986
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Unable to create a virtual machine and unable to switch on the Vapp in vmware vcloud director 5.5?

Dear all,

I have configured vmware 5.5 vcloud director, I have created organization, vdc provider, Vapp, catalougs and configured networking etc, but unfortunately I am having couple of issues

1) I am unable to on my Vapp

2) When I am creating a virtual machine I am getting an error  (see the attached screen shot)

3) When I am uploading a media file to catalouge, it is stopping at 1%.

Kindly let me know what is the solution for these, and let me know if i have gone wrong somewhere

0 Kudos
4 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Looks like either datastores are not added in Organization vDC or for some reason datastores are not accessible at the time you received this error.

Have you created VM storage profiles and tagged it to the datastores ?

Did you added Storage profile at the time you created Provider vDC ?

If answer to both the questions is Yes, then in vCD go to vSphere resources and right click on vCenter and refresh storage profiles option.

-Navpreet

sunny1986
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have added datastore but was unable to create storage profile, is it mandatory to create storage profile?

0 Kudos
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal

Storage profiles or classes are required as of vCloud Director 5.1.0 and forward.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

If you don't want to use storage profile then there is default storage profile 'Any' in which all the datastores are automatically added even local datastores. In this case you have to manually disable local datastores so that VM is not created on local datastore.

0 Kudos