I have configured vlcoud-director 5.5, able to ping to the server, all vcd services are running, firewall is disabled, but unfortunately I am unable to connect to webconsole, whenever i am trying to connect to the VCD, browser throws a blank page and later it throws an error saying 'The webpage is not available'
I tried with the above options, but same problem persists again, I will get a blank gray page, later it throws a error saying Unable to connect, the webpage is not available .
so the blank gray page is that tomcat started, but vCD's core engine did not come online.
stop all cell services (service vmware-vcd stop)
1. delete any *log* in the logs folder
2. start the cells
3. tail -f cell.log (see if it just stops at some point, or repeats messages)
4. provide the cell.log and vcloud-container-debug.log on the forums
you probably missed some core requirement when setting up the cell. e.g. forward and reverse DNS lookup. The cell will do a name lookup based on the IP to see how to log some information. this is just one example out of many that could be in the startup of the application.
Thanks for the reply. I stopped the cells, there was no *log* to delete, I restarted the cells, tail -f cell.log stopped at somepoint giving an error, I have attached screen shots of the logs. Actually I did not set up DNS server while setting up the cell, i have not configured any host name, just using IP to access the vcloud-director.
lets make this a little less complicated.
1. only start the services on 1 cell.
2. you do need name resolution. if the cell fails a reverse lookup, the services won't start completely. you might be able to work around this by doing configuring it locally, and updating /etc/hosts
this might also be helpful to review in case you missed a step along the way: http://kendrickcoleman.com/index.php/Tech-Blog/how-to-install-vcloud-director-15-from-beginning-to-e...
ps, no screen capture is attached to your post ... but I'd need both the cell.log and debug.log to figure out what's going on.