VMware Cloud Community
marknigh
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to Remove Organization Networks

I had an issue with a vDS recently and deleted it before I remove them from vCloud Director. I believe this is my problem, so I am not able to delete a few organization networks. I get the following error:

Logical Network (name = VLAN0150_XXXXXX_Management) is in use and cannot be deleted.

Is there a way I can find out where this network is in use? My vCloud Director isn't very large at the moment so I am able to go through all the VMs and move them to the new organizational networks so I believe the networks I can't remove are not being used.

I also observed that I can delete the external networks but when I return to that page, they are back there.

Thanks for your help.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
tsugliani
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

Did you check your catalogs too ?

Regards,

0 Kudos
marknigh
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately that didn't fix my problem. Any other suggestions. Since this organization and organizational vDC is not a production but test I am thinking of deleting it all and starting over.

0 Kudos
troyprouty
Contributor
Contributor

Any updates on this?  I'm having the same problem.  Already verified that all the VMs and templates are not using that network.  When I look at IP allocations for that network it shows empty but I'm still unable to delete it.

0 Kudos
sjoglekar
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Did you check the stranded items page? Also check Org --> expired items page.

Sangeeta

0 Kudos
troyprouty
Contributor
Contributor

Stranded items is empty.  Expired items for that org shows one vApp but it won't allow me to delete it.  The error is "The requested operation could not be executed on vApp 'vAppName'.  Stop the vApp and try again."  However, that vApp does not exist.  I suppose it's possible that's what's causing the problem but I'm not sure.  Even the dv port group in vCenter shows no VMs attached.

0 Kudos