VMware Cloud Community
dnguyen1022
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to Connect to Virtual ESXi

Hey guys,

I am trying to set up my own virtualized private network using vCD.  I've created 4 VMs so far for testing purposes.  1 Active Directory Server(connected to an external network to RDP into), 1 vCenter Server, and 2 virtualized ESXi hosts.  All machines are connected to the same internal network.

The two windows machines (vCenter and AD) are able to ping each other but neither of the virtual hosts are able to receive pings or ping outside.  I have the VMs for the ESXi configured as Red Hat 5 x64.  (vCD is installed and connected to my 4.1 environment, therefore I do not have the ESXi4.1 option as part of my configuration.)  I've configured the esxi machines with the appropriate ip settings (IP, DNS, Gateway, subnet mask) just as I did with the windows machines.  The switch that the VMs are connected to shows a VLAN ID of 320 and I've tried configuring the ESXi machines with and without that particular ID but I am still unable to connect to it in any way.  The two windows machines are able to ping each other though.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
nirvy
Commander
Commander

Have you enabled promiscuous mode on the portgroups the ESXi VMs connect to?

dnguyen1022
Contributor
Contributor

I managed to get it resolved.

Promiscuous mode was already enabled but I tried tried changing the VLAN type to None and it worked.

Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos