VMware Cloud Community
barnette08
Expert
Expert

Two Users Authentication Failure - 58 Others Successful

I ran into this today and have isolated it a bit, but wasn't sure if any had some thoughts as to what in the world is going on. 

In our production vCD 5.5 environment I have a training customer who had 65 students deploying vApp Templates (one for each student).  Prior to the class I had him import all of the users using the corporate LDAP source that we provide to all organizations in our production environment.  All of the users but 2 were able to login as vApp Users, except for one who consistently received an authentication error...here's where it gets weird.

From Student's Laptop:

- Login attempt with LDAP user to Org URL (IE and FF) - Failed

- Login attempt with newly created local user to Org URL (IE and FF) - Failed

- Login attempt with system admin to Cloud URL - Successful

- Login attempt with LDAP user to different Org URL - Successful

From My Desktop:

- Login attempt with LDAP user to Org URL- Successful

- Login attempt with newly created local user to Org URL- Successful

- Login attempt with system admin to Cloud URL - Successful

- Login attempt with LDAP user to different Org URL - Successful

I've tried removing the accounts and adding them back, which didn't seem to help either.  This is very bizarre to me because when it seemed like I had isolated things to the user's laptop being the issue...I was able to have him login with his LDAP credentials to a different org without issue.  Does anyone know if there is a maximum related to concurrent users within an actual organization, not just the whole cloud?  Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
0 Replies