VMware Cloud Community
marknigh
Contributor
Contributor

Suspended Virtual Machines with vCloud Director

I am seeing virtual machines going suspended by vCloud Director. Unfortunately, vCenter isn't given us additional information regarding why. I believe it is vCloud Director or vCenter that is doing this because the tasks/events is showing it is initiated by the account that is used in vCloud Director to connect to vCenter. There are no other task/events prior to the suspend virtual machine task.

Thank you.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
romant
Contributor
Contributor

How have you determined that it's vCloud Director that's the culprit? Is it because it shares the Administrator username/pass? (if so, make a dedicated one)

When in doubt - always check the /opt/vmware/cloud-director/logs/vcloud-container-debug.log for anything you're not seeing through the UI.

0 Kudos
mreferre
Champion
Champion

Does this have something to do with the runtime lease you configured for the Org/vApp?

Massimo.

Massimo Re Ferre' VMware vCloud Architect twitter.com/mreferre www.it20.info
0 Kudos
marknigh
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, it had something to do with the lease. Not sure why the default is 7 days!! I have changed everything to no expiration and that should do it. Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
dcouturier
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I can't find the "no expiration" option. Where I can find it please ? :smileyconfused:

0 Kudos
marknigh
Contributor
Contributor

Click on properties of the organization and under the policies tab. There are the lease times.

0 Kudos
dcouturier
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Oh ! OK Smiley Happy Thanks

0 Kudos