VMware Cloud Community
PercaFluviatili
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Site to SIte VPN (between organizations) in vCloud 5.5, nothing happens!

Been at this problem over 2 days now! Cant get Site To Site VPN between Organizations to work at all. Using vCloud 5.5.

I have activated Site To Site VPN in both organizations. When I trying to "Log into to remote VDC" to get the peer networks nothing happens, the round symbol at the bottom of the window is just "loading", until the session times out. No errors in the Log or Event viewer. Even if I type in wrong credentials, and wrong data nothing happens. The data I put in is the correct one.

The network type I'm using is a Organization network: Create a routed network by connecting to an exist edge gateway. No vApp Networks.

I have no other how to proceed to get this to work, anyone who can assist me? 🙂

0 Kudos
4 Replies
skx
Contributor
Contributor

Can you try to log on the vshield manager, find the edge gateway backing the routed network, and enable debug logging?

Then you can go through the log at the time of the connection and identify the error message. I had to go through the same process when troubleshooting an issue with IPsec NAT traversal.

0 Kudos
PercaFluviatili
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thank for the reply.

I went into vShield and located  the two edge devices and located VPN and activated debug logging. But where do I find this log? I cant find any VPN logs at all.

Edit:

The only thing I see that is related to crypt is this error that is often repeated in the logs:

AESNI crypto engine is down.

I dont think it have something to do with the issues I am having.

0 Kudos
skx
Contributor
Contributor

There are various ways to get the logs, either through the web gui or through the cli.

Taken from VMware KB: Overview of vShield logs

1. Click Datacenters on the left side of the browser.
  2. Click Network Virtualization.
  3. Double-click the Edge device for which you want to generate logs.
  4. Click Actions.
  5. Click Download Tech Support Logs.

Good luck!

0 Kudos
_morpheus_
Expert
Expert

vShield logs are not going to help since this problem is entirely VCD.

I would just configure the VPN on each individual gateway using gateway to remote network (in VPN tunnel type dropdown). It's less convenient but it avoids the problem with the java applet occasionally not working

0 Kudos