VMware Cloud Community
rjanakangnax
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Second cell in vCD cluster configuration/license?

I setup the first server and provided the response file to the 2nd cell and completed the install/configuration. Now I can see my 2nd cell under "Cloud Cells" on my 1st cell's web interface. However, I can't access the web interface of 2nd cell (getting page not found however all the services are running) and I see the "vCenter" is checked only for cell1 under "Cloud Cells. Is it an expected behavior or am I suppose to see the web interface on cell2 and configure the license, vcenter and vshield information?

-Janakan Rajendran

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

There is a single VC proxy for each vCenter Server instance that you have registered with vCD and the proxy runs on one cell in the cluster, so it's expected.

You should look at the logs on the disk of the 2nd cell to see if any errors were reported.  I'd start with cell.log in $VCLOUD_HOME/logs and if that doesn't show any errors, then check vcloud-container-debug.info.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

There is a single VC proxy for each vCenter Server instance that you have registered with vCD and the proxy runs on one cell in the cluster, so it's expected.

You should look at the logs on the disk of the 2nd cell to see if any errors were reported.  I'd start with cell.log in $VCLOUD_HOME/logs and if that doesn't show any errors, then check vcloud-container-debug.info.

0 Kudos
rjanakangnax
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Ok that makes sense. Thanks much. No error on cell2 so all is good.

0 Kudos