VMware Cloud Community
jeank201110141
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

SDRS issue in vCloud Director after adding new Datastore to SDRS Cluster

Hi Folks,

we're using vCloud Director 5.5 in a complete vSphere 5.5 environment.

We have several SDRS Cluster in vSphere and connected to vCloud Director.

Following Problem.

When i add a Datastore to a SDRS Cluster and linking this datastore to the corresponding Storage Profile, the storage profile isn't available to vCloud Director anymore.

After removing the new datastore from the SDRS Cluster, the profile is available again.

Any ideas?

Regards

Jean

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

How did you associate the storage profile to the Datastore?  via the C# client or the vSphere web client?

If you did it the wrong way (C#) it won't have the correct Storage Class tag against it.

A datastore cluster has the storage class that all datastores contained inside of it would have.

I think you'd need to double check that the service class is associated correctly in the vSphere web client (before adding to the DS Cluster).  once it shows correctly there, then add the datastore to the cluster.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

How did you associate the storage profile to the Datastore?  via the C# client or the vSphere web client?

If you did it the wrong way (C#) it won't have the correct Storage Class tag against it.

A datastore cluster has the storage class that all datastores contained inside of it would have.

I think you'd need to double check that the service class is associated correctly in the vSphere web client (before adding to the DS Cluster).  once it shows correctly there, then add the datastore to the cluster.

0 Kudos
jeank201110141
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Great, that worked.

I had assigned the tag in the C# Client.

After adding it in the WebClient, it worked.

Regards

Jean

0 Kudos