VMware Cloud Community
MD1967
Contributor
Contributor

Restarting vSphere vShield app due to VDC issues

Hi

I am having similiar problems to those described in the following thread

http://communities.vmware.com/message/2050699?tstart=0#2050699

I have logged into my vshield app and it is saying that the last time the vshield server synced with vCentre was a month ago. I have been given instructions to restart vCentre services and restart the vShield server, however I have an active environment running in vCloud and was wondering what potential issues that could have for the environment ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal

reboot the appliance and let us know the build number of vShield in use.

If you're in vshield 5.1 dot something, we need to know the exact build.

0 Kudos
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal

if you have an active vCloud environment, you may need to do this in a service window

the only complication that can happen is if there is a vCloud task in progress assigned to vShield, or similarly from vShield to vCenter.

If you quiesce the system (cell management tool) you should be able to effectively stop all tasks once they have finished.  once done, rebooting the vShield Manager is harmless.

0 Kudos
jd3nn1s
Contributor
Contributor

If you are using vShield Manager 5.1.2 make sure you install the 5.1.2a maintenance bundle. It fixes a problem where the vShield manager can become unresponsive and fail to communicate. This will save you having to schedule a maintenance window again later.

0 Kudos