VMware Cloud Community
rcoughtrey
Contributor
Contributor

Resource Pool Shows Blank for Provider_vDC

We just deployed VCD 8.20 into a lab for testing and I have had an issue twice in the last 2 days. The issue is that our Porvider_vDC will lose its resource pool. Looking at the resource pool in vCenter will show just fine. However looking at it in vCloud it just shows a "-" for memory and CPU.

In turn when you deploy a new VM you get the below error:

[ 79376c6c-32d8-435e-a198-4f514778ff13 ] The operation failed because no suitable resource was found. Hub "Resources" doesn't meet compute requirement: CpuMHzMin:200, mandatory:true, checkMinHostCapacity:false.

- PlacementException NO_FEASIBLE_PLACEMENT_SOLUTION

This is a given as its thinks there no resource available. I have looked in the VCD logs but i'm not seeing anything that jumps out at me.

To workaround the issue I just reboot the VCD server and everything reconnects.

I did try cycling the VCD services and reconnecting/refreshing vCenter to no success.

Any ideas on what might be the issue here

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
r0ck
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I reproduced the same error.

Cycling the VCD servcies no success -> restart the VCD Server fixed the problem.

Hope someone from vcloud dev team fix this error

(vsphere 6.5u1, vcloud 8.20.0.1)

0 Kudos
CraigONeill
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I have been able to repro this to with ESXi 6.5 & VCD 8.20.1. The easy fix is to just 'reconnect' the vCenter Server in VCD. It will then do a full inventory and display the correct resource pool settings.

Craig O'Neill | Global Labs Staff Engineer, Strategy & Ops | VMware
0 Kudos