VMware Cloud Community
LooseMoose
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Renewing SSL (wildcard) certificate

Hello,

I'm trying to renew our SSL certificate for our vCD server (CentOS7). I've renewed it fine in the past by creating a new JKS CSR, submitting and importing the new certificate. On this instance though, there were new root and intermediates in the chain. I imported them into the keystore and then was able to import the SSL cert fine. The problem is, the web page is still showing the old certificate and chain. I've looked inside the keystore and the expiry dates on each alias/certificate are showing the correct new dates. I also took the root/intermediate and ssl and pasted them into the 'Public Addresses' portion of the website. Still, none of the certificates appear to have been updated when looking through a web browser.

Has anyone else had this issue? Not sure if the issue is with vCD or CentOS, although from the CentOS side everything looks fine.

vCD 9.1

Thanks.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LooseMoose
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I ended up logging this with VMware support. Following the article here: vCloud Director 8.20 – Changing to a Wildcard Certificate. – nOt gEEkY

Once you have imported all your root/intermediate/wildcard certificates, you need to use the cell management tool to pick up the changes to the java keystore then restart the vCD services:

/opt/vmware/vcloud-director/bin/cell-management-tool certificates -p -k $KEYSTORE -w $STOREPASS

/opt/vmware/vcloud-director/bin/cell-management-tool certificates -j -k $KEYSTORE -w $STOREPASS

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
LooseMoose
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I ended up logging this with VMware support. Following the article here: vCloud Director 8.20 – Changing to a Wildcard Certificate. – nOt gEEkY

Once you have imported all your root/intermediate/wildcard certificates, you need to use the cell management tool to pick up the changes to the java keystore then restart the vCD services:

/opt/vmware/vcloud-director/bin/cell-management-tool certificates -p -k $KEYSTORE -w $STOREPASS

/opt/vmware/vcloud-director/bin/cell-management-tool certificates -j -k $KEYSTORE -w $STOREPASS

0 Kudos