VMware Cloud Community
barnette08
Expert
Expert

Random Slow Commissioning/Start/Stop of vApps

Last night we noticed some pretty odd things two of our environments and I was curious if anyone has come across this or might be able to point in a direction as to what in the world could have been going on.

I first noticed in our production environment was running much slower than normal while logging into the UI, and doing simple things like clicking on the cells button under manage & monitor. It would go to the page you had requested but seemed to take a really long time to load with the information within that section.

The next occurrence was found by one of our developers who complained about a similar issue in his development environment, that it was taking nearly 2-3hrs to simply create a vApp - stating that it would say in a creating state for that long, but would eventually create.  This is very odd since there were no changes in either environment and this is not normal for either environment.

I'm very interested to hear everyone's thoughts!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JasonBurrell
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Sometimes this is due to the time being off between the cells. They have to be within 2 seconds.

-Jason

0 Kudos
barnette08
Expert
Expert

Jason - I thought about that too, but when I checked on the cells this morning they were spot on. Would cells that are out of sync, sync themselves back over time?  I've always had to manually sync them back if they got off track.

0 Kudos