VMware Cloud Community
buckmp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Question re KB2075366 - Storage Policies/Datastores no showing

Morning all,

I've inherited a vcloud environment that has not particulary well planned out when it was deployed and now i'm constantly bug chasing.  I have an issue where a new storage policy is not showing up in the list even though its looks to be set up correctly,  When I did a storage policy refresh I noticed that a datastore had also disapperared.

I found VMware KB: Datastores are not accessible in a VMware vCloud Director Org Virtual DataCenter, which seems to describe the problem i'm seeing, but i'm not 100% on context of the SQL statements.  My priority is to get the missing datastore back but these statements seem very genetic and I don't want to affect the other 19 datastores that are connected in vcloud and appear (at the moment at least) to be working correctly.

Do I need to custom the statements in the KB in some way with the name of the datastore that is missing in order to only affect that specific entry?

Thanks

Mike

0 Kudos
6 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

What's the version of vCD? These commands are generic in clearing the Inventory and Property map tables and not specific to datastores.

0 Kudos
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal

Look at my comments in this thread: how to remove a datastore from VCD 5.5.2

you need to do the opposite as a general process to add a datastore.  the steps I mention should explain why a datastore was removed from vCloud.

if you are making a new Storage Profile, then you need to ensure it was added correctly

vCenter 5.1 -> Storage Policy via the C# client

vCenter 5.5 -> Storage Profile via the Web Client

then add it to the provider vDC -> Add a Storage Profile to a Provider vDC

0 Kudos
buckmp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi, its version 5.5.1

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Make sure all the datastores in the new storage policy tagged in the Web client and added in the pVDC.

0 Kudos
buckmp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

My priority is to get the missing datastore back into vcloud for now, I can work on the storage policy at a later date.

I just wanted to know if the SQL statemwnts in the KB article to affect the other datastores that are connected?

Thanks again fro all then replies

Mike

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

You can run the SQL scrip to clear the inventory table if the newly added datastore did not appear even after proper tagging. It will not affect the existing datastores.

Note: Please take a DB backup before running the script.

0 Kudos