VMware Cloud Community
iancollins
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Publish workflow to org using the API

Hi All,

We have started publishing workflows as service integration with vRO into the 9.1 tenant portal, which is now working well.  What i want to be able to do, is automate the publishing.  We have 2 sets of users, managed and unmanaged and therefore want to publish different workflows to each set of Orgs.

Is there a way to publish a workflow to an org using the API?  I dont seem to be able to find any information on it.

Thanks

Ian...

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonathanw
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

It looks like this functionality is exposed in the new cloudapi in vCD 9.5 (not sure if this will also apply to 9.1 - some /cloudapi/ functions exist in 9.1 too.

The API paths for these are all <your vCD host/IP>/cloudapi/ and then the appropriate link from below.

serviceItem swagger.png

If you have access to a 9.5 environment you can browse the swagger definitions at <vCD host/IP>/api-explorer/ but I don't think this works in 9.1 (unfortunately - even though some of the actual API calls like the /cloudapi/branding do for example).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jonathanw
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

It looks like this functionality is exposed in the new cloudapi in vCD 9.5 (not sure if this will also apply to 9.1 - some /cloudapi/ functions exist in 9.1 too.

The API paths for these are all <your vCD host/IP>/cloudapi/ and then the appropriate link from below.

serviceItem swagger.png

If you have access to a 9.5 environment you can browse the swagger definitions at <vCD host/IP>/api-explorer/ but I don't think this works in 9.1 (unfortunately - even though some of the actual API calls like the /cloudapi/branding do for example).

0 Kudos
iancollins
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi All,

Thanks for the info above Jon, I have now managed to automate that using the CloudAPI now.  I have now moved further up the chain and am trying to add a workflow to the service library.  Does anyone have an example of the body for the post to /serviceLibrary/{id}/workflows?   The example in 9.5 is just [null] and i have tried all the possible permutations i can think of but cant find one that the 9.1 API will accept.

Thanks

Ian...

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos