VMware Cloud Community
Nemo7777
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Provider highest supported hardware version problem

Hi!

I've installed new vCloud Director 5.1.2 on RHEL 6.4

My virtual infrastructure on ESXi 5.1 (1117900), vCenter 5.1 (1064983)

All looks fine, but when I create  first provider I can't choose hardware version for it higher than 7, the error message  is -

Invalid highest supported virtual hardware version 9. the  host that back the provider VDC do not support virtual hardware version 9.

it looks strange, because  most  my virtual machine has latest vm-tools and hardware version 9.

vCenter, vCloud Director and it's database - all these components were installed inside same virtual infrastructure on virtual machines, and  all these  virtual machines had hardware version 9...

What am I missing in configuration or at  preparation phase? What possible reasons  could be here?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Nemo7777
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi! in my case the reason was in appliance, which couldn't be stopped by Provider installation wizard... I've put the all ESXi-s into maintenance mode manually and all works fine

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
rh5592
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I get the same error message if I don't finish the whole Provider VDC setup wizard. Like, if I specify the datastore and click Finish right away, I will get the same error message. However if I complete the setup wizard including putting in the root user/password for esxi hosts preparation, everything works fine.

Regards. ================================================= "If found useful, kindly mark answers Correct or Helpful " http://rh5592.com =================================================
0 Kudos
Nemo7777
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi! in my case the reason was in appliance, which couldn't be stopped by Provider installation wizard... I've put the all ESXi-s into maintenance mode manually and all works fine

0 Kudos