VMware Cloud Community
basteku73
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Problem with service vmware-vcd-cell

Hello

I have a big problem with Cloud Director.

I have installed it, and I have a problem to start service vmware-vcd-cell. When I execute service vmware-vcd start I get an error

Starting vmware-vcd-watchdog: /opt/vmware/cloud-director/bin/vmware-vcd-cell: line 246: uĹźyte

13451444 / 1024 : syntax error: invalid arithmetic operator (error token is "Ĺźyte

13451444 / 1024 ")

vmware-vcd-cell not running

/opt/vmware/cloud-director/bin/vmware-vcd-cell: line 246: uĹźyte

13451444 / 1024 : syntax error: invalid arithmetic operator (error token is "Ĺźyte

I don't know to do ...

Earlier everything worked fine ...

Regards

Sebastian

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

It's the localized OS that's causing the problem. It's not stripping out the "Available" column header because it's not English, so the resulting string is not an integer, causing the comparison error. Please file a bug.

If you run the command yourself at the terminal you'll see the problem: df -klP /opt/vmware/cloud-director/ | sed -e 's/ */ /g' | cut -f4 -d' ' | sed -e 's/Available//'

The script is expecting whitespace and "15070808", not "\n15070808"

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
f10
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Were changes made in the environment (connection between vcd cell, the database and vshield manager), it would be interesting to take a look at cell.log file in /opt/vmware/cloud-director/logs/ please upload them.

f10

VMware Inc.

VCP3,VCP4,HP UX CSA

Regards, Arun Pandey VCP 3,4,5 | VCAP-DCA | NCDA | HPUX-CSA | http://highoncloud.blogspot.in/ If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".
0 Kudos
basteku73
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi ..

Thank You for Your response ..

In fact there were made reinstallation of the Cloud Director. I've tested sth and I decided to reinstall VCD ..after this reinstallation VCD died ...

And there are no cell logs Smiley Happy .. this is interesting ... There are only logs:

diagnostic.logs

vcloud-container-debug.log

vcloud-container-info.log

vmware-vcd-watchdog.log

and in this log there is nothing interesting ...

I've uninstalled VDC ... and cleared /opt/ ... and tried to install this again .. and nothing .. I still get this error ... of course I've cleared database ...

Regards

Sebastian

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

What's the output of the df command? df -klP /opt/vmware/cloud-director

The script is failing in the free disk space check, which is why it's continuing to have problems after you tried to reinstall.

0 Kudos
KMK
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Just curious, is there nothing in vcloud-container-debug.log like failed to start something or x% of starting...

0 Kudos
basteku73
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

When I looked in to the script I also tought that this is a problem with free space .. but ...

# df -klP /opt/vmware/cloud-director

System plikĂłw bl.1024-B uĹźyte dostÄpne pojemnoĹ zamont. na

/dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol00 19425972 3352464 15070808 19% /

>>>Just curious, is there nothing in vcloud-container-debug.log like failed to start something or x% of starting...

no ... theres is nothing ... there was an error connecting to database ... but I fixed the problem ...

I've attached this log ...

Regards

Sebastian

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

It's the localized OS that's causing the problem. It's not stripping out the "Available" column header because it's not English, so the resulting string is not an integer, causing the comparison error. Please file a bug.

If you run the command yourself at the terminal you'll see the problem: df -klP /opt/vmware/cloud-director/ | sed -e 's/ */ /g' | cut -f4 -d' ' | sed -e 's/Available//'

The script is expecting whitespace and "15070808", not "\n15070808"

0 Kudos
basteku73
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Yes .. Yes ... I have fighted with this all day ... Thank You ...

I've changed language and Cloud Director is starting Smiley Happy

I swear that, earlier it worked in this localized version of OS .. but it stopped..

Thank You.

Regards

Sebastian

0 Kudos