VMware Cloud Community
wanderson308
Contributor
Contributor

Please help me I don't know what else to do. I can't make vcenter appear in the direct cloud provide

Hello everybody,
I integrated vcenter vSphere Client server version 6.U3u version 6.7.0.54000 with Cloud Director 10.3.0.18295834, which was successful. Clicking on the vcenter server instance shows the "Service Provider" status as "Unpublished". Therefore, you cannot create a provider VDC because no resource pool is available. What could be the problem here?

Please find a screenshot attached for more details.

I've already applied the kbs on the certificate and the vcenter doesn't appear on the infrastructure

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/78885

VMCA Certificate Handling with VMware Cloud Director 10.4 – VMware Cloud Provider Blog

Please help me I don't know what else to do.

I tried 10.3 10.4 10.5 without success.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
d3m1g0d
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi, starting with VCD 10.4.1 vSphere 6.7 is not supported anymore. With version 10.3.x it is marked as supported in the interop matrix though [1].

Although I wouldn't recommend it, you could try using VCD 10.3.x and have a look into the vcloud-container-debug.log. Maybe this could reveal some related entries logged during the process of adding the vCenter Server to VCD.

Any chance to upgrade this vSphere environment to at least vSphere 7? vSphere 6.7 is out of general support since October 2022 and will reach end of technical guidance on Nov, 15th 2023, so you should really consider upgrading.

[1] https://interopmatrix.vmware.com/Interoperability?col=661,&row=2,%261363,&isHidePatch=true&isHideGen... 

wanderson308
Contributor
Contributor

Good morning, my dear, I only have the license for 6.5 and 6.7.
or me
Maybe next year we will buy licensing

I currently have vcenter 6.5 and vcloud 9.5, which is having a lot of problems

I'm doing a lab with 6.7 and cloud above version 10.0.
but so far I have not had success with any version of cloud director
above version 10.

Can you suggest a compatible version?

0 Kudos
wanderson308
Contributor
Contributor

I just deployed the version

VMware_Cloud_Director-10.3.2.7370-19375095

The same error occurs, I have already updated the certificates, but vcenter does not appear with the hosts

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO ANYMORE, can anyone give me a step-by-step guide on how to import these certificates?

0 Kudos
Sreejesh_D
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Could you give it a shot and set up a Provider VDC initially with a cluster or resource pool from the linked vCenter? the ESXi Servers in the 'Hosts' section will only show up after creating a PVDC, but I could be mistaken.