VMware Cloud Community
andrewtroup
Contributor
Contributor

Please comment on my Org / PvDC / OvDC Design

Hi All,

I am working on a new vCD design, and want to gather input since the terminology and best practices can be confusing.  Please let me know what you think of this organizational layout.  Thanks for the sanity check.

Thanks,
Drew

Summary:

The customer has business units in North America and Europe.  There is a requirement that the compute resouces and data from each continent reside on separate clusters and datastores located on their respective continents.  Several business units need access to VMs in both continents (for example, HR and Accounting will have VMs on both continents.

Structure:

Organization:  DataTek (Company Name)

PvDC-01: [North America]  A vSphere cluster located in North America.  It has two tiers of Datastores (Gold and Bronze).  The Datastores are on a SAN that is local to the cluster.

PvDC-02: [Europe]: A vSphere cluster located in Europe.  It has two tiers of  Datastores (Gold and Bronze).  The Datastores are on a SAN that is local  to the cluster.

OvDC-01: [Human Resources-NorthAmerica]: This organization can provision VMs in PvDC-01.  An Active Directory Security Group called "HR" can access this OvDC.  The same AD group can access the Europe OvDC.

OvDC-02: [Human Resources-Europe]: This organization can provision VMs in PvDC-02

OvDC-03: [Accounting-NorthAmerica]: This organization can provision VMs in PvDC-01.  An Active Directory Security Group called "Accounting" can access this OvDC.  The same AD group can access the Europe OvDC.

OvDC-04: [Accounting-Europe]: This organization can provision VMs in PvDC-02

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
0 Replies