VMware Cloud Community
PercaFluviatili
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Organization vDC network is greyed out & Leases.

Trying to create a Organization vDC network in vCloud 5.5 applicance. But Create Organization vDC network is greyed out. I can only create a vApp network.

Any idea why I cant create a beautiful Organization vDC network network?

&

If I want to create a vApp with unlimited lease time. Where do I do that, if its possible. 🙂

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Org vDC networks are a component of the Org vDC which is only seen in the Administration > Org vDC > double click the org vdc > Org vDC Networks

You cannot create them under "My Cloud" when you provision a vApp.  When you provision a vApp you can Link the new vApp to an Existing Organization vDC Network.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Both of these are policies based on your account you are logging into vCloud Director with?

1. can't make an Org Network.  Can you login as a system administrator and ensure you have a network pool assigned to the Organization vDC?

2.  Even as a system admin, you can't break the Org Policy.  Check the Org Policy, if the max lease time is not unlimited ... then you can't make something with an unlimited lease.  You can either A) reset the lease as required, or B) change the policy and then Anyone can have an unlimited lease while this setting is in place.

0 Kudos
PercaFluviatili
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Im logged in with Administrator account.

I am running a PortGroupBacked network pool, and getting the same greyed out text when using VCNI.

I am getting two Exclamation marks when I add the vapp network and oVDC network, those are:

"there are no organization vdc network accessible to this vapp"

"Retain IP/ MAC Resources: By default, when a vApp is stopped, public IP and MAC addresses for the network are relinquished to pool. Select this option if you intend to retain IP and MAC addresses of the edge gateway across deployments."

0 Kudos
PercaFluviatili
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I found a working link to create a oVDC network. The working link was in the Administration tab on not in the My Cloud tab. But should I not been able to create a oVDC network there to?

0 Kudos
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Org vDC networks are a component of the Org vDC which is only seen in the Administration > Org vDC > double click the org vdc > Org vDC Networks

You cannot create them under "My Cloud" when you provision a vApp.  When you provision a vApp you can Link the new vApp to an Existing Organization vDC Network.

0 Kudos