VMware Cloud Community
Thunderdome
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Open questions vCloud 5.1

Hi Community

I read the Technical Whitepaper vCloud Director 5.1, but I have 2 open questions.

1. In Whitepaper is written, that Hardware Version 9 is supporting windows 8 and some IOs. Are there some additional OS versions supported like Windows 2012 (urgent needed) ....

2. Do vCloud 5.1 still have restriction of 500 vApps per Organization ?

Best Regards

Michael

0 Kudos
6 Replies
shepherdz
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Thunderdome wrote:

1. In Whitepaper is written, that Hardware Version 9 is supporting windows 8 and some IOs. Are there some additional OS versions supported like Windows 2012 (urgent needed) ....

The "Guest Operating System Support" tables in the user's guide don't list Windows 2012.

Thunderdome wrote:

2. Do vCloud 5.1 still have restriction of 500 vApps per Organization ?

This announcement lists the number at 3000 vApps per Organization.

Zach Shepherd, Member of Technical Staff, VMware vCloud Director Engineering
Thunderdome
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi  shepherdz

Thank you for your quick reply. 3000 vApps per Org sounds much better than 500 Smiley Wink.

Windows 2012 is urgent needed to be able to test our software on this OS release. Are there plans to support this in next weeks or till end of this year ?

Regards

Michael

0 Kudos
shepherdz
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Thunderdome wrote:

Hi  shepherdz

Thank you for your quick reply. 3000 vApps per Org sounds much better than 500 Smiley Wink.

You're welcome.

Windows 2012 is urgent needed to be able to test our software on this OS release. Are there plans to support this in next weeks or till end of this year ?

I can't comment on that sort of thing, but I'll see if I can find someone who can.

Zach Shepherd, Member of Technical Staff, VMware vCloud Director Engineering
0 Kudos
TimLawrence
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi, I am running Win 2012 VMs in vCloud 1.5.1 with no problems.

I think you need the latest ESXi updates though.

Tim

0 Kudos
aneverov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

It's a bug in the User's Guide, see https://www.vmware.com/support/vcd/doc/rel_notes_vcloud_director_51.html#knownissues

Microsoft Windows Server 2012 (64-bit) is supported by vCloud 5.1.

/Andrii

/* Please remember to mark answer as 'helpful' or 'correct' such that other users know it can be used and people focusing on ‘unanswered’ questions can skip it. */
0 Kudos
Thunderdome
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

@All thank you

Regards

Michael

0 Kudos