VMware Cloud Community
ramsrive
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Not able to connect to vcloud 5.5.3 using PowerCLI 6.0

Hi,

I am new to CLI environment, my requirement is to import the virtual machine from vcenter to vcloud using the cli. Is it possible to do?

If yes can anyone help me to do this. I have installed power cli (6.0) in my system for accessing vcloud through cli mode.

But Connect-CIServer option is not visible in my powercli window. Can anyone help me to resolve this issue. I am getting the below error.

PowerCLI C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\Infrastructure\vSphere PowerCLI> cd\

PowerCLI C:\> Connect-CIServer -Server 10.x.x.x -User administrator -Passwor

d vmware@123

Connect-CIServer : The term 'Connect-CIServer' is not recognized as the name

of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of

the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try

again.

At line:1 char:1

+ Connect-CIServer -Server 10.43.98.138 -User administrator -Password

vmware@123

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound: (Connect-CIServer:String) [], CommandNotFoundException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

PowerCLI C:\>

Thanks & Regards

Ram..

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

This is the same file I used: VMware-PowerCLI-6.0.0-2548067.exe

When you install, there is an option to Install the vCloud Air/vCD components.  It sounds like you just clicked next .. next .. next in the installer without reading.

I don't think it matters, but I upgraded from 5.8 (previous release).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

When you installed or upgraded, did you manually pick that the vCloud Air/vCD components would be installed?  I think they are not installed by default, and Connect-CIServer would have been in there.

I'm just upgrading my PowerCLI now, and can compare notes shortly.

0 Kudos
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Works for me.

If you type the word "connect" then use the Tab key, it should auto complete.  If it skips right over the Connect-CIServer, then it's probably not installed.

Other commands specific to the vCD/vCAN pack:

Get-Org

Get-CIDatastores

Get-OrgNetwork

If these are also missing via auto complete, then the vCloud Air/vCD pack is not installed and you need to re-install PowerCLI 6.

0 Kudos
ramsrive
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

I have checked and found that those commands are missing in my power cli. I have used the following package in my system (VMware-PowerCLI-6.0.0-2548067.exe).

Can you please guide me to the right package to be installed so that i can connect to vcloud. If possible please share me the download link.

Thanks & Regards

Ram..

0 Kudos
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

This is the same file I used: VMware-PowerCLI-6.0.0-2548067.exe

When you install, there is an option to Install the vCloud Air/vCD components.  It sounds like you just clicked next .. next .. next in the installer without reading.

I don't think it matters, but I upgraded from 5.8 (previous release).

0 Kudos
ramsrive
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

Yes. you are right i have not selected the vcloudAir/vcd components while installing the powercli. Now i have re-installed the powercli and getting the cloud related options.

Thank you so much!!

Thanks & Regards

Ram..

0 Kudos