VMware Cloud Community
MateB
Contributor
Contributor

No "Security" tab under "Networking" on tenant portal

Hello everyone,

We are testing DFW rules that tenant configures on the tenant portal and in the admin guide it says that i should do the following:

1 On the Virtual Data Center dashboard screen, click the card of the virtual data center you
want to explore and under Networking, select Security.
2 Select the organization virtual data center for which you want to configure distributed firewall
rules.
3 Click Configure Services.
4 Enable distributed firewall on the Distributed Firewall tab.

But I cant do anything because there is no "Security" under networking. We recently upgraded to VMware Cloud Director 10.3.

If anyone has any solution please help, thanks alot!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
yboyanova
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello,

Are you sure you have the correct rights for viewing this tab? The tab is available in 10.3 VCD UI.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
MateB
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Yes, the organization admin has all rights to view the tab. I've found out from other people that this feature can only be seen when integrating NSX-V and vCD.

NSX-V - page 192

https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Cloud-Director/10.3/VMware_Cloud_Director_Tenant_Portal_Guide.pdf

As I can see the workaround is on Page 171, since we need to do this on NSX-T:

"Using Distributed Firewall in a Data Center Group with an NSX-T Data Center Network Provider Type VMware Cloud Director supports a distributed firewall service for data center groups with an NSX-T Data Center network provider type. When you enable a distributed firewall for a data center group with a NSX-T Data Center network provider type, you create a single default security policy that is applied to the data center group. As an organization administrator, you can create and modify additional distributed firewall rules which are associated with the data center group's default security policy. The distributed firewall service is not enabled by default. After enabling the distributed firewall, you can create IP sets and security groups to facilitate the creation of distributed firewall rules."

But after creating the default policy with provider type, we still aren't able to see the "security" tab on the tenant portal as an organization administrator.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos