VMware Cloud Community
red_davelee
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Moving an external network

Hi all

I have a Distributed Switch which has a number of Port Groups defined which vCloud Director uses as External Networks.  I want to move these to a different distributed switch, which has uplinks into a different physical switch but which the same VLANs have been made available.  I'm concious that removing it from one switch and creating a replacement Port Group with the same on the new Distributed Switch probably isn't going to work.  I think vCD uses an entity ID or something to refer to Port Groups rather than names as I've been able to change a name in the past and vCD has dealt with it.

So... my question...  is there any way I can move this Port Group to a new distributed switch without breaking the links that vCD has to it?

Dave

0 Kudos
1 Reply
cfor
Expert
Expert

I am not aware of any way to do that.  I believe you need to create the new switch, and create new external networks to point to it.  VCD does not make things like provider design changes easy. 

ChrisF (VCP4, VCP5, VCP-Cloud) - If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos