VMware Cloud Community
Ramuageli
Contributor
Contributor

Migrating vcloud director cells

Hi All 

I have been using vcloud director since version 6 and now are running version 10.3.2 and we have about 300 vdc.. so my problem is since our vcd was deployed many years ago it was deployed with both NICs (https and database) on the same network ,although we have never experienced any issues before but it has come to a point where every little issues we have,vmware engineer keeps blaming it on the fact that both my nics are on the same network, so obviously I don’t want to redeploy everything .. so Is there a way that I can deployed new cell with both nova on different networking the migrate everything from the old cell to the new cell? 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
batuhandemirdal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

Are you running this structure in a single network? how many vlans do you have?

Best Regards

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Pierre345
Contributor
Contributor

Starting with version 9.7, the vCloud Director appliance includes an embedded PostgreSQL database with a high availability function. You can migrate your existing earlier version of vCloud Director environment with an external PostgreSQL database to a vCloud Director environment that consists of vCloud Director 10.0 appliance deployments.

www.MyAARPMedicare.com

0 Kudos
Ramuageli
Contributor
Contributor

Hi 

Currently, my vcloud director cell and embedded PostgreSQL are on the same vlan and in my envoroment i have couple vlan and i can also create another vlan if needed. but my goal is to move eth1 to separate vlan to eth0

0 Kudos
Ramuageli
Contributor
Contributor

Spoiler
Hi Pierre

I'm currently running vcloud director 10.3.2 with embedded PostgreSQL. but my issues when vcloud was deployed in my environment both eth0 and eth1 were put in the same network which according to VMware it shouldn't be that way. we are supposed to separate eth0 and eth1 traffic. so over the years our vcloud kept being upgraded untill we got to version 10.3.2
0 Kudos
Jerrothomas543
Contributor
Contributor

Migrating vCloud Director cells involves moving or transferring the vCloud Director software components, often referred to as "cells," from one environment to another. This process typically involves careful planning and coordination to ensure minimal disruption to services and data integrity. Here's a general outline of the steps involved:

1. topfollowapkapp
0 Kudos