VMware Cloud Community
SurenGoel04
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

MIgrate VM between vDC for a same tenant

I had to create a new vDC vDC2 with differnet alocation model (Pay As You Go)..I would like to migrate the VM form old vDC1 (Allocation based) to new vDC2.  I migrated the VMs in vCenter between the resources pool for their respective vDCs...The VMs already discovered by old vDCs are still not being discovered in vDC2...Is there a way to migrate the Vms at vCD level?..I am running vCD 10.2.2..Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SurenGoel04
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I am able to move VM between vDC for same Org..The problem was vApp was not visible in webgui for discovered VMs..Had to unhide the vApp via CMD and then able to move between the vDCs..

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MustafaSadek
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I don't know solution but what if u tried to clone one of the vms that doesn't migrate.  And checked vdc2 if it see it or not . Have u tried this ?

0 Kudos
AirheadPilot
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Is this new vdc2 under the same org as old vdc1?  If so, you should be able to go to vapps view, under actions on vapp choose move to and you should be able to select the vdc

0 Kudos
SurenGoel04
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I am able to move VM between vDC for same Org..The problem was vApp was not visible in webgui for discovered VMs..Had to unhide the vApp via CMD and then able to move between the vDCs..

0 Kudos