VMware Cloud Community
nzjono
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Interface Microsoft VSTS to vCloud Director (not to vCenter)

Hi

We've been asked to provide access for Microsoft VSTS to provision VMs on behalf of one of our vCloud tenants.  I understand that VSTS has a vCenter endpoint capability but there's nothing I can find to allow it to talk to vCloud Director.

Has anyone had any experience with configuring VSTS access to vCloud, perhaps via REST API?

Thanks

Jonathan

0 Kudos
4 Replies
TomHowarth
Leadership
Leadership

Hi Johnathan,

Are you sure that you have the correct Microsoft product? VSTS is visual studio team services.

Tom Howarth VCP / VCAP / vExpert
VMware Communities User Moderator
Blog: http://www.planetvm.net
Contributing author on VMware vSphere and Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment
Contributing author on VCP VMware Certified Professional on VSphere 4 Study Guide: Exam VCP-410
0 Kudos
SebastianGrugel
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Im use from some time Visual Studio Code and powercli module for vCD... but not VSTS...

vExpert VSAN/NSX/CLOUD | VCAP5-DCA | VCP6-DCV/CMA/NV ==> akademiadatacenter.pl
0 Kudos
nzjono
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Tom

Yes, VSTS as explained to me has the ability to manage the lifecycle of your test environment as well as your code - it can automatically provision VMs, deploy and test your release, then remove the environment afterwards.

There's a vCenter connector (VMware Resource Deployment - Visual Studio Marketplace) that allows basic operations (create/delete, start/stop, snapshot) that the team were hoping to use so I'm looking for a way to give them that functionality in a vCloud-friendly way.

Cheers

Jonathan

0 Kudos
nzjono
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Sebastian

If that would work with VSTS then that would be a great solution - I'll pass it back to the team for investigation.

Thanks

Jonathan

0 Kudos