VMware Cloud Community
legioon
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

How to share Org VDC Network with the other VDCs on VCD 10?

Hi,

I'm using VCD 10 integrated with NSX-T 2.5. As far I see, I can't share org VDC network with other Virtual Data Centers within the same organization. There is no any option to do it. I guess the reason is VCD is integrated with the NSX-T. Because, I can share the networks on VCD 9.5 which integrated with the NSX-V.

Is that possible for my case ? Is this option in the roadmap on the future or deprecated ?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
paluszekd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi there -

This isn't possible in 10.1, but possible now with 10.2 with DC Groups. We now have the ability to create a shared network between orgVDCs within the same organization.

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_0.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
mouyaq
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Same issue with vcd 10.1 and NSX-T 3.0.2

0 Kudos
paluszekd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi there -

This isn't possible in 10.1, but possible now with 10.2 with DC Groups. We now have the ability to create a shared network between orgVDCs within the same organization.

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
legioon
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks paluszekd, Its time to upgrade of existing environment to new version. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Art_msk
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

@paluszekd Can I share an existing network? Or I can choose that option while creating only?

0 Kudos
paluszekd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

It must be part of the DC group to share it to other orgVDCs.

0 Kudos
Zearolenon
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I've found issue with network sharing in already created networks in vcd 10.2 without NSX-T.

Network could be created and marked as shared, but it can't be modified.Screenshot from 2021-05-26 20-33-10.png

0 Kudos