VMware Cloud Community
fartman
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

How to set a custom password for linux template

Hi i've tried to set a custom password for linux template but everytime i deploy the linux template the password is always regenerated by VCD;

Pls advsie

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
charliejllewell
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi, can you confirm that you managed to set the rest of the options Tim mentioned?

You should see the option if you enter the vApp and right click on the virtual machine you are trying to reconfigure? See the screen shot attached...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
charliejllewell
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

When you say you have set a custom password, do you mean via the vCloud GUI or directly in the VM its self? If you have done it int he VM you should try specifiying it in the vCloud GUI so if a recuctomisation is done it will always get your custom password.

Charlie

0 Kudos
fartman
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi i only did it via Vcloud GUI but for some reason the password will be auto generated by Vcloud

Regards

0 Kudos
TimLawrence
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

To confirm,

When you right click on the VM in the vAPP and browse to the Guest OS Customization tab:

• "Enable Guest Customization" is checked
  • "Allow Local Administrator Password" Is Checked
  • "Specify Password" is selected

Once these setings are confirmed.

Power off the VM

Right click the VM and select "Power On And Force Re-Customization"

Also, if this is a VM you are deploying from a catalog:

Right click on the catalog item and select "properties"

Under "General" check that "Customize VM settings" is enabled.

thanks

Tim

0 Kudos
TimLawrence
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi, also are the VMware tools are installed?

if you right click the VM and look under the "General" tab, what version is listed next to "VMware Tools"?

0 Kudos
fartman
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi thanks for the info i'll give it a go

Regards

0 Kudos
fartman
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi i cannot seems to find this option Right click the VM and select "Power On And Force Re-Customization" under vcd 1.5; any advise

0 Kudos
charliejllewell
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi, can you confirm that you managed to set the rest of the options Tim mentioned?

You should see the option if you enter the vApp and right click on the virtual machine you are trying to reconfigure? See the screen shot attached...

0 Kudos
dannyck
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Dear,

I have s similar problem on the custom password for Linux.

I need to reset the Linux root password in vCD GUI, in customization tab the password "L%2t5pN8" is old auto generated password, how can I tricker it to re-gernerate another auto password? I don't want to specify a fix password for reset password because auto generate password is more reasonable for customer.

2135624.png

Thanks.

0 Kudos