VMware Cloud Community
Nani321
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

How to install vcsa 6.7 in vcloud Directory

Hi Team,

Need you help how to install the a separate vcenter  VCSA 6.7 in Vcloud directory .Where we need to manage some  esxi hosts 

Can you please suggest how to deploy.

Note: In vcloud we have one VDC with resources.

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@Nani321 

Moderator: Please try and create a thread in the area for the primary related product - moved to vCloud Director Discussions

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
atusmenezes
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello @Nani321 how are you?

Do you have access to the infrastructure behind the vCD? If yes, I would recommend you to deploy the vCenter as a normal VM and then import it to your vCD Organization.

If you do not have access to vCD infrastructure, I believe the best way is to deploy the vCenter in your lab environment, or an workstation solution, like VMware Fusion or VMware Workstation, then, when vCenter is properly installed and configured, you can import it to your vCD organization.

Nani321
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi @atusmenezes 

Iam good. I think you are also fine .

Thanks for the replying to my query

I tried to check the installation steps. 

By unzipping the latest vcsa iso file and load the ovf file to vcloud by importing in vdc but it's showing all the configuration steps like ip assigning , embedded database etc. But not showing the deployment size.

I will try to check with vdc admin  team as per your suggestion..

0 Kudos
Nani321
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi @atusmenezes 

Thanks for your suggestion. We deployed the vm. Now adding vsca to domain . Do we need AD administrator account.

Because with my account it is not joining to.domain. as iam not domain admin for ad.

Because with m

0 Kudos
atusmenezes
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Yes! You need an administrator account to join vCenter to AD.

But I am a little confused. Do you want to integrate your vCenter to the provider AD?

0 Kudos