VMware Cloud Community
dec_jlu
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

How to change vcenter url provider?

When accessing vCenters through Director, we have wrong url for vCenter.

I could change url to manual setting, but where actually these "vSphere Services to provide this URL" settings are located?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dec_jlu
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for tip!

I could change finally correct URL, but it wasn't quite straightforward.

vCenter SSO database had wrong URL for vCenter and I couldn't find it anywhere from SSO configuration.

Finally I had to open vCenter SSO database with JXplorer and delete wrong URL from ServiceRegistrations.

I used this KB as guideline: VMware KB: Backing up and restoring the VMware vCenter Single Sign-On 5.5 configuration

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
cfor
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

The vCenter client URL is something you would get from connecting to vCenter.

(Once you connect to vCenter on normal https://vcenter.localnet.com  you will have a link to the web client on the upper right hand side)

Normal format for the link:

https://vcenterserver.localnetwork.com:9443/vsphere-client/

ChrisF (VCP4, VCP5, VCP-Cloud) - If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
dec_jlu
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Well, that's not what I ment.

I know what syntax is for vCenter url, that is not the problem.

I was wondering where vCloud Director contains information about url provider?

In vCloud database?

Or this information in vCenter?

0 Kudos
onappdev
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

If you've registered your vCD instance with vSphere Lookup Service (System - Administration - Federation) then you should be able to use vSphere Services to provide the URL. Thus, imho, vCD doesn't keep that setting in its DB and just takes it using vSphere Lookup Service.

dec_jlu
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for tip!

I could change finally correct URL, but it wasn't quite straightforward.

vCenter SSO database had wrong URL for vCenter and I couldn't find it anywhere from SSO configuration.

Finally I had to open vCenter SSO database with JXplorer and delete wrong URL from ServiceRegistrations.

I used this KB as guideline: VMware KB: Backing up and restoring the VMware vCenter Single Sign-On 5.5 configuration

0 Kudos