VMware Cloud Community
cfor
Expert
Expert

How to add transfer space to connector node (NFS)

How do I add NFS space to a connector 1.5 node for it's data transfer space?  I have an NFS share that we use for cell transfer space I want to point the connector nodes to as well.  I hope I am not just missing something obvious.

I see these steps in the docs:

In the hierarchy tree, select the vCC Node virtual appliance.

Right-click and select Edit Settings.

The Virtual Machine Properties window opens to the Hardware tab.

Select Hard disk 2 in the Hardware column.

Modify the size, based on the size of the resources you are going to be transferring, and click Okay.

Open the console for the vCC Node.

Run the following command to resize the disk:

sudo /opt/vmware/hcagent/scripts/resize_disk.sh

However this will not use the NFS space effectivly, it will make a VMDK file per node instread of using the space needed on the NFS volumn and giving it back when not in use. (vcloud transfer space works correctly in the way that it used what it needs, but gives it back when not in use (if using NFS))

ChrisF (VCP4, VCP5, VCP-Cloud) - If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
1 Reply
cfor
Expert
Expert

Just a thought - incase it gets someone thinking about this in a different way.

Can a NFS volumn be mounted to the location that connector uses for it's transfer space, instead of just increaseing the disk size?  (This is how it is done in vcloud director cells)

ChrisF (VCP4, VCP5, VCP-Cloud) - If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos