VMware Cloud Community
MadhuVMwarevClo
Contributor
Contributor

How can i create storage profiles through vCloud 5.1??

I'm unable to create any storage profiles through vcloud .I didnt see any option to create SP. but it took "any" by default plus added all my datastores to "any" storage profile. I just want to split it and use different storage profiles. Can we create from here or from vcenter??  can some one please guide me

Thanks!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MKJE
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

You have to create the storage pools in vCenter.

Then you can add them in vCloud Director.

After creation in vCenter it can take a little time before you can access them in vCloud Director.

Regards

Mikael

0 Kudos
MadhuVMwarevClo
Contributor
Contributor

May I where in vCenter? I have tried from storage profiles in vCenter but i cant able to find any luns in there. I cant able to create any profiles from there.

Is there any other option to create them ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
MKJE
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

If your storage doesn't have a storage capabillity you have to assign one yourself.

You just select "Datastores and Datastore Clusters", right click a lun and select "Assign User-Defined Storage Capabillity".

After that you can select the Lun's from Storage Profiles. (Remember to check that Storage Profiles are enabled).

Regards

Mikael

0 Kudos
MadhuVMwarevClo
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks. Great!! I have created 2 profiles from 4 luns. But i cant see them in vcloud.  These 4 luns which assigned to any storage profile already and I have provisioned VMs on these storage profile. Can i use these new storage profiles other than "any" profile? Can i move them to new profiles?

Thanks for your help! 

0 Kudos
MKJE
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

It can take a little time before storage profiles are avaible in vCloud Director.

I haven't tried to change storage profiles on "running" LUN's so I have no idea if it's posible.

I think what I would try to empty 1 LUN at the time and remove it from vClud Director and then add it again with the correct Storage profile.

Regards

Mikael

0 Kudos