VMware Cloud Community
vTrack
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Guest OS Customization

Dear Folks,

I have a Windows 2008 VM configured and trying to set the Password (via Guest customization of vCD VM Properties). The VM has VMware Tools installed, and sysprep files are all configured correct in vCloud Director cell.

I had chosen to Enable Guest Customization with Auto generate password option selected. The first time it did generate an auto password (but I forgot to note down - my bad!). After that I thought to specify a new one and from there it did not work. Now I am unable to login even after specifying a password. I seems the customization is not working at all. When I set back "Password Reset" to Auto generate, it shows as "Unavailable".

Is there any way to recover my old password? Which log file have this info? And any idea what is causing the problem here?

/Jas

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Todor_Todorov
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi,

After you change the password settings in Guest customization, you have to reapply the guest customization. This can be done by selecting "Power on and force recustomization" from the VM context menu. Have you tried this? The password is shown as "Unavailable" until the VM is powered off - it will show the newly generated password, once it's powered on.

Regards,

Todor Todorov

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Todor_Todorov
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi,

After you change the password settings in Guest customization, you have to reapply the guest customization. This can be done by selecting "Power on and force recustomization" from the VM context menu. Have you tried this? The password is shown as "Unavailable" until the VM is powered off - it will show the newly generated password, once it's powered on.

Regards,

Todor Todorov

0 Kudos
vTrack
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks very much Todor, That worked.. I don't know how I missed that option in vCD

/Jas.

0 Kudos