VMware Cloud Community
jburen
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Guest OS Customization script visible in VM

Hi, I recently started using VMware Cloud Director and I am trying to create a VM template.

The first thing I did was create a VM, download this VM as an OVF, and import it as a template.

The next step was to create a VM from this template and then changed the Guest OS Customization to include some script to activate Windows. And from this second VM, I created a new template that should include the code to activate Windows.

But now when I create a new VM from this second template the customization code is visible when you click on details. These details include the name of the KMS server but I don't want end users to see this information...

Am I doing something wrong? How do you go about activating Windows for your tenants?

Consider giving Kudos if you think my response helped you in any way.
Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jburen
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

The solution I came up with is as follows...

Create a virtual machine, deploy all updates, and finally give it the name of the KMS server (slmgr.vbs /skms) and product key (slmgr.vbs /ipk). Then shut down the VM and create a template of the VM.

Creating a new VM based on the template will activate Windows using the KMS server and product key.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jburen
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

The solution I came up with is as follows...

Create a virtual machine, deploy all updates, and finally give it the name of the KMS server (slmgr.vbs /skms) and product key (slmgr.vbs /ipk). Then shut down the VM and create a template of the VM.

Creating a new VM based on the template will activate Windows using the KMS server and product key.

0 Kudos