VMware Cloud Community
DucSteve
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Guest OS Customization (Greyed Out)

Hi,

I'm evaluating vCloud Director and am trying to import a VM from a production environment to a catalog in the cloud.  The import works fine hwever, you can not adjust the Guest OS Customization tab on the VM that was imported.  Everything is greyed out and checked .  I'm not wanting to perform a guest OS customization on this particular VM.  The VM info is as follows:

Windows 2008 R2 standard

Is there a setting somewhere to make this change happen.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
_morpheus_
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

VMs in the catalog are immutable. If you want to change some property (like guest customization), you need to copy it to My Cloud, make the change, copy it back to the catalog, and delete the old catalog template.

To save steps, I usually import things into My Cloud (Rather than import into the catalog), make my changes, and then put it into catalog. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
_morpheus_
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

VMs in the catalog are immutable. If you want to change some property (like guest customization), you need to copy it to My Cloud, make the change, copy it back to the catalog, and delete the old catalog template.

To save steps, I usually import things into My Cloud (Rather than import into the catalog), make my changes, and then put it into catalog. 

0 Kudos
DucSteve
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for the help.  That worked perfectly.

Steve

0 Kudos