VMware Cloud Community
cmbwml1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Force vCD to unregister from vSphere Lookup Service

I ran into a problem with vCD and vSphere Lookup Service.  I had problems with SSO, inventory service, etc after I had installed vCD.  I then manually removed the registrations in the inventory service (after exporting a list), installed valid certificates for all the vCenter components, and reregistered the various services back into the inventory service.  As part of the cleanup I had used ssolscli to cleanup leftover registrations not realizing that vCD was still registered.  When I went to re-register vCD it failed with a null error message (Error unregistering with lookup service. null).  When I realized it was looking for the properly named service ID's I manually recreated the service IDs from the original list of service IDs.  Unfortunately the number at the end of the service ID is based on the table index in the SSO database and I can't manually inject the original # that vCD is looking for.

Does anyone know how to force vCD to unregister from the lookup service so that I can cleanly re-register it?  I don't want to wipe out my orgs, integrated Edge appliances, catalogues, etc just to fix my SSO integration and login issues.

Thanks!

-Chris

0 Kudos
1 Reply
cmbwml1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Quick update...  I gave up fixing the broken state of vCD thinking it was still registered with vCenter lookup service.  I deleted all objects in vCD, removed the integrated Edge appliances, and then rebuilt vCD from scratch.  After rebuilding vCD and installing properly signed certificates I registered vCD with vCenter and vShield.  I then recreated orgs, provider vDCs, tiered org vDCs, etc.  Now I am trying to get LDAP and/or SSO working.

0 Kudos