VMware Cloud Community
tweissin
Contributor
Contributor

Flash and "Network Visualization" tab in vSphere Client

I am trying to set up vCloud Director as per the evaluation guide (https://my.vmware.com/files/pdf/products/vCloud/VMware-vCloud-Director-51-Evaluation-Guide.pdf), page 40 under "VXLAN Preparation", and when I click the "Network Visualization" tab, it says "To view this page ensure that Adobe Flash Player 10.0.0 or greater is installed."  I have version 11 installed.

Is there something I need to do?  Find the 10.0 version and install that instead?

Thanks,

Tom

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DavidSteb
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Did you ever work out the issue.  I've got the same thing only with the Dell OpenManage Integration appliance.  I'm seems like the vsphere client installation isn't picking up the IE plugin properly when it's trying to render the page

Cheers, David

0 Kudos
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal

The vCloud Networking and Security section of the vSphere client is just an IE redirect to the vCNS manager website.  you can also access that directly via IP/Hostname.  then you can use Firefox or Chrome as well.

0 Kudos
DavidSteb
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, but i'm getting a similar issue with an integrated appliance, so I can't go directly to an IP/Hostname

0 Kudos