VMware Cloud Community
davicav
Contributor
Contributor

First thing vCloud shows me is a validation error

Hello everyone!

I had this vcloud working, but after trying to configure I noticed that would be better to have a Distributed Virtual Switch at vCenter.

So I started configuring and had some problems. I couldn't reset vCloud configurations. So I used the snapshot that I made and reset the machine to her first use. So after everything is ok, I started vCloud web client. Put the name, password, etc. But now the first thing it appears is this error message:

error during validation of com.vmware.vcloud.api.presentation.entity.query.QuerySpec@40107a32

I don't know what can be causing this. I alredy tried to find something similar, but I couldn't.

Any ideias?

Thanks in advance!

Davi

0 Kudos
3 Replies
vm2cloud
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Are you using the applicance or the full RHEL install? If you are using the RHEL install and your database is on another server then the database is now out of sync. You need to delete the vCloud database and then run opt/vmware/vcloud-director/configure from the vCloud Director server again. Your database will need to be the same name and same user and password as well as same host and IP.

0 Kudos
davicav
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the answer.

I have the vCloud installed at one CentOS Virtual Machine and the database at a Red Hat Virtual Machine. So why it is not sync? But if I do this I will lost my configuration. Doesn't exist an alternative way to sync the database with vcloud?

0 Kudos
vm2cloud
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

First take a snapshot or backup of your database then you can try opt/vmware/vcloud-director/bin/vmware-vcd stop and then run opt/vmware/vcloud-director/bin/configure and that should also reattach the server to the database. You will then need to start vcd again.

0 Kudos