VMware Cloud Community
jaj
Contributor
Contributor

File copyspeed from Media mountet trough VRMC

Hi,

We are experiencing very slow transfers from any local media mounted trough VRMC in vcloud director,  if we mount the same iso trough the console i n vCenter the speed is 10x faster. Also if we upload the media to a catalog the speed is fine.

The network is 10Gb

vcloud director v5.5.2

Vcenter 5.5 u2

ESXi 5.5u2

Any suggestion what could be causing this?

Thank you,

John

John
0 Kudos
3 Replies
cfor
Expert
Expert

We see the same thing.  The proxied console on vCloud really slows down all VRMC operations.  We found adding some mem/cpu to the cell servers helps some, but only to a point.  We had to move away from using the vCloud proxied console and create a method for users to get direct vCenter based VRMC.

ChrisF (VCP4, VCP5, VCP-Cloud) - If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
jaj
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your reply,

Mem/cpu is 16gb/4cpu on vcloud director server so that should be ok.

have you been in contact with vmware support on this issue?  I think that will be my next step.

May I ask which metod you used for vCenter based VRMC?

John
0 Kudos
jaj
Contributor
Contributor

Just a quick update on this if others are experiencing the same problem,

We ended up creating a windows/NFS share mounting it on the ESXi host and then created a script that mounted the ISO files through a script.  That way he user put there ISO files on a "ISO" share and using the script trough a gui to mount the ISO through the NFS share.

John
0 Kudos