VMware Cloud Community
MQVMW
Contributor
Contributor

Exception thrown while creating VPN tunnel with another org network of Remote VCD

Hi,

I am using vcloud Director 5.1 and trying to create a VPN tunnel to another organization network which exists on a remote VCD.

I go the configure services option and click on VPN tab. After specifying the Tunnel name, if click on the drop down list and select

a network in another organization. There I click on the Login to remote VCD button. After giving the organization name and credentials to the remote VCD, I click on the login button. (The remote user has Organization Admin credentials)

After connecting, it shows an exception:

Failed to retrieve organization VDC list. For details please refer to the java applet logs.
java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.vmware.vcloud.remoteaccess.applet.RemoteAccess$3$1.run(RemoteAccess.java:268)

at com.vmware.vcloud.remoteaccess.applet.RemoteAccess$3$1.run(RemoteAccess.java:249)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at com.vmware.vcloud.remoteaccess.applet.RemoteAccess$3.run(RemoteAccess.java:248)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

The remote vcloud director has 2 VDCs in it. I have checked them by login to it manually.

Has anyone faced this issue before? Am I doing anything wrong here? Any suggestions are welcome. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ramkrishna1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi

Welcome to the communities.

please re-verify all settings are proper you may follow below link for easier & let us know if still having problem .

http://www.petri.co.il/setting-up-vmware-vcloud-director-essentials-part-2.htm

"concentrate the mind on the  present moment."
0 Kudos
_morpheus_
Expert
Expert

File an SR

0 Kudos
willhochradel
Contributor
Contributor

Was this ever resolved?