VMware Cloud Community
rjanakangnax
Contributor
Contributor

Error creating Shield network appliance

I am trying to get a routed external network setup for an OrgvDC. The vShield edge is licensed (under Licensing->Asset) However, when I check the vSM it says Edge Port Group Isolation is not installed. Not sure if it is needed or not and we are getting the following error:

Error creating Shield network appliance.
- vClould-Shield edge error: Creating/configuring the VR failed: vsmHandle.initializeEdge() net:375963169/dvportgroup-92 vse:vm-94 VSM IP:172.16.19.22 failed.
- HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request
Code : 70906, Description : Edge VM is powered off

It goes through the process of deploying a VSE and stuck at "Powering on" that VSE at vSphere and give the error above. vSM and vCenter are all setup on DNS.

Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
depping
Leadership
Leadership

Have the licenses been assigned as well? This is a typical error that usually happens when it isn't licensed correctly.

0 Kudos
rjanakangnax
Contributor
Contributor

Yes after I imported the vSM, I went ahead and assigned the license through vCenter for VMware vShield Edge. Is there a different version of Edge that I need to download or obtain a different key that would allow me to do NAT/Firewall/VPN etc...?

0 Kudos
rjanakangnax
Contributor
Contributor

I followed the instructions on this KB to install the licenses...

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=102647...

By the way, the vSM and vCD cluster where my OrgDCs reside are different hosts and they are on different subnet. vSM can talk to the vCenter but not the individual hosts. Do they need to talk to the individual hosts in the cluster to provision a vSE?

0 Kudos
_morpheus_
Expert
Expert

Something's wrong with your VCD or your VSM. Gather all logs (from VCD and VSM) and file a support request

0 Kudos
rjanakangnax
Contributor
Contributor

This is resolved. Make sure your all your hosts (vSM/vCenter and resources) can talk to each other through service console.

0 Kudos