VMware Cloud Community
Pramod1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Error adding vShield Manager to vCD

I am trying a POC of vCD and vShield using the .OVA provided on VMware.com
I am seeing error adding vShield Manager to vCloud Director.
I checked the vShield Manager, it's working fine, can login view the settings on the webpage .
I tried telnet to vShiled Manager port 442 from the vCD vM and that failed.

What do I do next?

Does anyone have any suggestions?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cfor
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

This might seem like a dumb reply, but it kicked my butt when I first started using vShield edge with vCloud.

Connect to your vShield edge device with a web browser:

https://vshieldedgedevice  -  one of the first options is to connect the edghe to a vcenter, the account used to connect vshield edge to vcenter - this is a good one to use as it sets all the rights up that edge will need on this account... (remember login/pw)

In vCloud use that login/pw. 

Now here is what got me, the password can not contain some special char's - I forgot the list but I know  ":" got me before.

Hope this helps

ChrisF (VCP4, VCP5, VCP-Cloud) - If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
cfor
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

This might seem like a dumb reply, but it kicked my butt when I first started using vShield edge with vCloud.

Connect to your vShield edge device with a web browser:

https://vshieldedgedevice  -  one of the first options is to connect the edghe to a vcenter, the account used to connect vshield edge to vcenter - this is a good one to use as it sets all the rights up that edge will need on this account... (remember login/pw)

In vCloud use that login/pw. 

Now here is what got me, the password can not contain some special char's - I forgot the list but I know  ":" got me before.

Hope this helps

ChrisF (VCP4, VCP5, VCP-Cloud) - If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos